Job and Volunteer opportunities at Campbell Hills Guest Ranch
For a Wrangler Paid Position (Tour Guide on horseback):
Currently we don’t have any paid job openings, but this might change anytime. Please feel free to submit your application, we will keep you in mind!
- Wrangler Applicants must be at least 21 years old and non smoker! Minimum stay April- October!
- The application for a wrangler position consists of a resume plus references, as well as a video (no more than 3 minutes please!) of the applicant riding a horse at all three gaits (English or Western) catching a horse (preferably natural horsemanship) in a corral/pasture (haltering), picking out feet as well as tacking (saddling and bridling) a horse. Send Youtube link, no video’s through regular email please!!
- Wilderness First Aid Certificate, A good working knowledge of every day English and German language is very important. A good sense of orientation and GPS reading for trail system is also very important.
- Preference will be given to those with experience in Natural Horsemanship and who are strongly motivated to become an apprentice in our Horse /Human Development Program, and to learn what it takes to have a successful long term career with horses.
For all Volunteer positions (Kitchen, Barn, Marketing-Office and housekeeping Assistant):
- All Applicants must be at least 19 yrs old and non smoker!
- Every Volunteer is required to carry personal liability insurance that covers horse-related activities.
- Working at the Guest Ranch is a physically demanding occupation. We work 5 to 6 days a week and you have to realize it is not a 9-5 job, as we work in a team and help each-other. You must be physically fit and able to carry out the demands of the job, which includes, but is not limited to, handling horses, cleaning arena/pens, cleaning chicken coop, unloading feed bags, stacking hay, lifting heavy saddles, repairing fences, clearing trails, etc. We expect you to be able to think ahead, solve problems, work well alone as well as with others.
- Volunteers must be reliable, trustworthy, responsible, self-motivated, and able to stay on task even when the going gets rough. A good work ethic and a positive attitude are essential.
- Minimum stay: 3 months. Preferred stay 4-6 months (No start days in Busy Summer Season) Longer stays are encouraged to make the most out of your stay. Experience has shown us that it takes the average volunteer two to four weeks to get into the daily routine.
Please take note that that we do require that you send us a short cover letter about yourself as well as a photo so that we can put a face to a name plus application form attached.