Job and Volunteer opportunities at Campbell Hills Guest Ranch
We offer Job and Volunteer opportunities at Campbell Hills Guest Ranch. Situated in a unique place where we experience trust, harmony and partnership with our herd of horses while living in a truly stunning location in the interior of BC.
Our trail rides so close to Kamloops, yet fully in the wilderness, and right in cattle country of British Columbia.
All these features are a great volunteer opportunity for the right person who wants to meet new people from all over the world.
Our job is to make peoples dreams come true and our focus is on providing our guests with exceptional standards of Natural Horsemanship, Hospitality and Service.
To do this, we need talented people who have a strong desire to learn about natural horsemanship, share our love for the ranching way of life and who truly want to provide guests with a lifetime of memories.
Helping with Trail riding as a Wrangler assistant. Depending on skill level, volunteers may also assist with exercising and training of horses (games, round penning and other groundwork, as well as riding).
Volunteers and Wranglers receive room and board in our staff residence, limited wifi and trail rides on days off in this beautiful part of BC. Natural horsemanship basics, groundwork, total barefoot hoof care (time and weather permitting). In exchange for working on this BC guest ranch, in both horse-related and non-horse related activities (including, but not limited to housekeeping, assist Martin with cooking, general maintenance of buildings, gathering firewood, gathering eggs and cleaning chicken coop). Horse-related activities include general ranch chores such as feeding and watering livestock, cleaning pens and shelters, turning out horses, haying, fencing, grooming horses, tacking up and untacking horses, cleaning tack, medicating horses, and assisting with the handling of horses, etc.
This is not just a job, it’s a way of life where you can work, learn and play! If you have the dreams, the personality and desire to be a part of our success, like working in a team, then we’d love to hear from you!
For a Wrangler Paid Position (Tour Guide on horseback):
Currently we don't have any paid job openings, but this might change anytime. Please feel free to submit your application, we will keep you in mind!
- Wrangler Applicants must be at least 21 years old and non smoker! Minimum stay April- October!
- The application for a wrangler position consists of a resume plus references, as well as a video (no more than 3 minutes please!) of the applicant riding a horse at all three gaits (English or Western) catching a horse (preferably natural horsemanship) in a corral/pasture (haltering), picking out feet as well as tacking (saddling and bridling) a horse. Send Youtube link, no video's through regular email please!!
- Wilderness First Aid Certificate, A good working knowledge of every day English and German language is very important. A good sense of orientation and GPS reading for trail system is also very important.
- Preference will be given to those with experience in Natural Horsemanship and who are strongly motivated to become an apprentice in our Horse /Human Development Program, and to learn what it takes to have a successful long term career with horses.
For all Volunteer positions (Kitchen, Barn, Marketing-Office and housekeeping Assistant):
- All Applicants must be at least 19 yrs old and non smoker!
- Every Volunteer is required to carry personal liability insurance that covers horse-related activities.
- Working at the Guest Ranch is a physically demanding occupation. We work 5 to 6 days a week and you have to realize it is not a 9-5 job, as we work in a team and help each-other. You must be physically fit and able to carry out the demands of the job, which includes, but is not limited to, handling horses, cleaning arena/pens, cleaning chicken coop, unloading feed bags, stacking hay, lifting heavy saddles, repairing fences, clearing trails, etc. We expect you to be able to think ahead, solve problems, work well alone as well as with others.
- Volunteers must be reliable, trustworthy, responsible, self-motivated, and able to stay on task even when the going gets rough. A good work ethic and a positive attitude are essential.
- Minimum stay: 3 months. Preferred stay 4-6 months (No start days in Busy Summer Season) Longer stays are encouraged to make the most out of your stay. Experience has shown us that it takes the average volunteer two to four weeks to get into the daily routine.
|Get Application Form||Email Your Resume|